Arise exists to equip those facing adversity to discover hope, overcome barriers, and move forward.
Our communities restored through transformed lives.
Arise is a community development and advocacy nonprofit organization in Dover, Delaware. Established as Grace for Dover, Inc. in 2011, we received our 501(c) 3 nonprofit status in 2012 and began doing business as Arise Delaware in 2017. We are a para-church mercy organization specializing in long-term, relationship-based, development programs. We focus on individuals who are affected by disability and their family/support system.
- We currently offer:
- Monthly respite events
- Special needs focused before and after school care at John S Charlton School and Kent County Community School
- Accessible special events for kids and families
- Day camp
- Summer family camp opportunity for families to vacation together in a supportive, safe, and accessible environment
- Social and life skills practice
- Caregiver support through learning seminars
- Partnerships and consultations with local church disability ministries, other nonprofits and agencies, and businesses who wish to hire individuals with disabilities
- Training for volunteers and programs working with individuals with special needs
- Referrals for one-on-one care and to other support agencies as needed
- Help individuals with disabilities identify their key strengths and become aware of career and continuing education opportunities
- Provide soft skills development to support transition and career planning
- Support life skills development to encourage increased independence and financial education
- Provide parent/caregiver and sibling support through additional seminars, support groups, and workshops which will include long term planning tools
We are currently developing programming to: